- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Duck A La Phil Recipe
|Duckling||5 Pound, cleaned (Fresh Ones)|
|Garlic salt||To Taste|
|For orange sauce|
|Orange juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Grated orange rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 292 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.1%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 171.4 mg
Sodium 123.8 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.05 g0.21%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 31 g61.9%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 17.7%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 23%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 400° F before roasting.
2) Quarter duckling and rub it with garlic salt and pepper.
3) For the Orange Sauce, cook all ingredients for the sauce over low heat until sugar dissolves.
4) Stir cook for about 5 minutes until the sauce slightly thickens and become transparent.
5) In a shallow roasting pan, roast duck on open rack for 15 minutes in preheated oven to release excess fat.
6) Lower oven temperature to 350° F and again roast for 2 hours.
7) From the pan, drain off all fat and spoon Orange Sauce over duck.
8) Just before serving, heat again for 15 minutes.
9) Serve hot, passing some sauce at table, if desired.