- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Christmas Goose Recipe
|Goose||10 Pound, thawed (1 Goose, 8 To 10 Pound)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Stuffing||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Desired)|
Calories 2850 Calories from Fat 2313
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 256 g394.5%
Saturated Fat 74.4 g371.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 604.8 mg
Sodium 730.3 mg30.4%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.77 g3.1%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 121 g241.3%
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 53.3%
Calcium 9.8% Iron 106.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 400F.
2) Remove the neck and giblets out from the cavity of the goose. Remove the excess fat from the body and skin of the neck.
3) With paper towels dry the goose.
4) Take the wings out at the second joint. Tie it flat against the body of the bird.
5) Rub salt and pepper inside the cavity. Use the stuffing to stuff inside the neck and cavity loosely.
6) Tie the neck skin to the back using a skewer.Tie the legs together or tuck it in the back of the tail skin.
7) On the roasting pan, place the goose with its breast side up. Insert the meat thermometer into the thigh muscle.
8) Roast without cover for 60 minutes. Keep spooning off the fat as it keeps accumulating.
9) Turn down the oven temperature to 325F. Roast till the thermometer reads 180F.
10) The stuffing temperature must read 165F. To check for doneness press the thigh region with fingers. If the juices runs clear the meat is cooked. The flesh must be soft to touch.
11) Let the meat rest for 15 minutes before serving.
12) Serve the Roast Christmas Goose after carving into thin slices.