- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Chicken With Watercress Stuffing Recipe
|Roasting chicken||4 Pound|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (As Required)|
|Onion||6 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Watercress||1 (For Garnish)|
|Celery||6 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Watercress||3 1⁄2 Ounce, finely chopped (1 Bunch)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Dry bread crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 460 Calories from Fat 283
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.5%
Saturated Fat 11.2 g56%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 127.5 mg
Sodium 235 mg9.8%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.87 g3.5%
Sugars 0.9 g
Protein 29 g57.2%
Vitamin A 13.8% Vitamin C 7.4%
Calcium 4.5% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) In a skillet, add half the butter to melt over medium heat. Prepare the stuffing, by sautéing onion and celery.
3) Stir in watercress and season with salt and pepper.
4) Cook the watercress until the liquids evaporate. Transfer in a separate bowl.
5) Add remaining butter in the skillet.
6) Add bread crumbs to sauté in butter.
7) Combine the bread crumbs with watercress mixture.
8) Use the roasting chicken to stuff with the mixture. Place 3 or 4 strips bacon over the breast.
9) Use an aluminum foil to cover the chicken.
10) Place inside the oven to roast for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, as per the size. Frequently baste the chicken with butter while cooking.
11) With a skewer or sharp pointed knife, pierce into the meat for testing the doneness. It is cooked, when the juices turn clear.
12) Just a few minutes before the completion of cooking, remove the aluminum sheet and bacon.
13) Lightly sprinkle with flour and baste with butter to give a quick brown look by placing inside the oven.
14) Use a hot serving dish, to place the roasted chicken. Sprinkle watercress on top to serve.