- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Chicken With Orange Beer Sauce Recipe
|Roasting chicken||5 Pound (1 In Number)|
|Beer||12 Ounce (1 Can Or 1 Bottle)|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Tomato paste/Ketchup||2 Tablespoon|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 1357 Calories from Fat 813
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 90 g138.6%
Saturated Fat 25.7 g128.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 413.9 mg
Sodium 503.9 mg21%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.87 g3.5%
Sugars 12.6 g
Protein 99 g198.3%
Vitamin A 31% Vitamin C 50.9%
Calcium 7.8% Iron 38.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven at 375°F
2) Stuff chicken and truss.
3) Rub salt and pepper over it.
4) Place in a roasting pan.
5) Mix 1 cup beer, orange juice, lemon juice, tomato paste, and sugar.
6) Pour some over the chicken.
7) Roast uncovered for 2 to 2 1/2 hours basting occasionally with beer mixture.
8) Place chicken in a platter and keep warm.
9) Skim fat from drippings. Add water to measure 1 1/2 cups.
10) In a bowl make paste with flour and remaining 1/2 up beer. Mix with liquid. Cook stirring constantly till thick.
11) Season with salt and pepper.
12) Decorate chicken with parsley and orange slices.
13) Pass sauce with it.