- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Chicken Recipe
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken breasts||3 , boned|
|Orange juice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Orange peel||2 Teaspoon, freshly grated|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ginger root||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Curacao||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Oranges||2 Medium, peeled|
Calories 361 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.6%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 90.9 mg
Sodium 88.6 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 27.3 g
Protein 32 g64%
Vitamin A 13.6% Vitamin C 182%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a large skillet, melt the butter or margarine.
3) To this, add the onion powder. Mix well.
4) In the hot skillet, saute the chicken breasts until golden brown on both sides.
5) To a baking dish, transfer the chicken.
6) In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, orange peel, pepper, ginger and garlic powder.
7) Over the top of chicken, pour this mixture.
8) With a lid or aluminum foil, cover and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
9) Remove from the oven.
10) Over the top, then pour the Curacao.
11) Cover the dish again and return to the oven for 20 more minutes, or until the chicken is cooked well.
12) To a warmed serving platter, place the chicken breasts. Keep covered to retain warmth.
13) In a saucepan, place the liquid from the baking dish, over medium heat.
14) In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and water, until smooth.
15) To the pan, stir in the cornstarch mix.
16) Bring this mixture to a boil.
17) Reduce the heat and simmer, until thickened, stirring frequently.
18) On the chicken in the serving platter, pour the sauce and serve, garnished with fresh orange slices.