- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Chicken Recipe
|Roasting chicken||6 1⁄2 Pound (Packed)|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
Calories 1130 Calories from Fat 770
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 86 g131.6%
Saturated Fat 27.1 g135.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 378.9 mg
Sodium 402.6 mg16.8%
Total Carbohydrates 0.18 g0.06%
Dietary Fiber 0.09 g0.35%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 84 g168.8%
Vitamin A 21.8% Vitamin C 5.5%
Calcium 5.5% Iron 28.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Rinse and dry the chicken, then season inside with the salt, pepper and parsley.
2) Fold and tie the legs and wings across chicken breast with a string.
3) In a slow cooker, place the chicken with the breast side up.
4) Brush over the chicken skin with the melted butter and sprinkle with the parsley
5) Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour, then on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
6) Slice and serve immediately on individual serving plates.