- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Chicken Recipe Video
|Carrots||5 Medium, peeled|
|Onions||3 (vidalia onions)|
|Chicken||5 Pound (giblets removed)|
|Onion powder||To Taste|
|Rosemary sprigs||2 Medium, cut in half|
|Garlic head||1 , cut in half|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
Calories 627 Calories from Fat 335
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.4%
Saturated Fat 12.6 g63.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 205.1 mg
Sodium 264.6 mg11%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g3.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 59 g118%
Vitamin A 136.9% Vitamin C 23.3%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 14.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven on 425 F.
2. Using a sharp knife, cut the carrots on angle in chunks.
3. Peel the onions and cut in quarters.
4. Cut the lemon in quarters.
5. In a non-stick baking dish, place the vegetables and push them on sides of the pan making space in centre for chicken.
6. Place the chicken in centre and sprinkle salt pepper and onion powder over the chicken and the vegetables.
7. Rub the seasoning, inside the chicken cavity.
8. Stuff the chicken cavity with lemon, garlic and rosemary sprig.
9. With clean hands, massage butter all over the chicken and also push some butter between the skin and flesh of chicken, taking care not to tear the skin.
10. Re-season the chicken with salt, pepper and onion powder.
11. Put the baking dish in preheated oven and roast for 75 minutes, or until juices run clear when small cut is made on meat.
12. Carve the bird and serve hot on bed of vegetable.