- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Capon With Rye Bread Stuffing Recipe
|Capon/Roasting chicken||6 Pound (1 Whole)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Caraway seeds||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Instant chicken broth/1 cube chicken bouillon, crumbled||1 1⁄4 Ounce, crumbled (1 Envelope)|
|Cubed rye bread||6 Cup (96 tbs) (Day Old)|
|Finely chopped parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Boiling water||14 Cup (224 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 10669 Calories from Fat 5057
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 564 g867.3%
Saturated Fat 174.6 g873%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2170.1 mg
Sodium 11873.1 mg494.7%
Total Carbohydrates 727 g242.2%
Dietary Fiber 86.4 g345.6%
Sugars 63.1 g
Protein 635 g1270.7%
Vitamin A 129.9% Vitamin C 112.3%
Calcium 162.1% Iron 397.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a deep 2-quart non-metallic casserole melt butter in Microwave Oven 30 (40) seconds.
3. Add onion and celery and heat, uncovered, 4(5) minutes in Microwave Oven or until vegetables are tender.
4. Stir in the 1 teaspoon salt, the 1/4 teaspoon pepper, the caraway seeds and chicken broth mix. Add rye bread and parsley; toss until well combined. Moisten bread mixture with 1/2 cup boiling water.
5. Rub inside cavity of capon with salt and pepper.
6. Stuff capon lightly with stuffing. Close body cavity with wooden skewers or sew with string.
7. Place bird, breast-side-up, in a shallow non-metallic baking dish. Use an inverted saucer as a a rack to keep capon out of pan drippings.
8. Heat, loosely covered with a paper towel, in Microwave Oven 36 (46) minutes (6(8) minutes per pound) or until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the bird (not touching any bones) registers 160°F. Do not place thermometer in Microwave Oven.
9. Wrap in aluminum foil and allow to stand 15 minutes before carving. If it is necessary to reheat.