- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Capon With Rice Stuffing and Peach Green Grape Garnish Recipe
|Frozen capon||6 Pound, Defrosted|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), sliced|
|Seasoned cooked rice||4 Cup (64 tbs), well drained|
|Seedless green grapes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned peach halves||4 Ounce, drained (For Garnish)|
|Green grapes||100 Gram (Clusters, For Garnish)|
|Watercress/Favorite washed greens||3 (For Garnish)|
Calories 333 Calories from Fat 211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g36.1%
Saturated Fat 8 g40.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 95.1 mg31.7%
Sodium 157.7 mg6.6%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.29 g1.2%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 22 g43.5%
Vitamin A 6.7% Vitamin C 5.5%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 325° F before roasting.
2) Wash capon under water and pat dry with paper towel after draining well.
3) Season body and neck cavities of capon with salt.
4) To prepare stuffing, take a large skillet and melt butter in it over low heat.
5) Sauté celery and onion in it until vegetables are soft.
6) Mix in rice, grape halves, sherry and salt, if required.
7) Loosely stuff cavities of capon with stuffing.
8) Fasten neck skin to back and tuck legs and tail.
9) In an open roasting pan, place capon with breast-side up and keep on rack.
10) Apply melted butter over the skin and loosely wrap the stuffing with aluminum foil, pressing it to pan edges.
11) Roast the capon for 40 minutes per pound in preheated oven, ensuring to remove the foil 45 minutes before the end of roasting time.
12) Apply melted butter on capon and again roast until leg joint moves freely.
13) Serve on a serving platter, garnished with peach halves, green grape clusters and garnishing greens of choice.