- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Capon With Chestnut Dressing Recipe
|Capon||6 Pound (Ready To Cook)|
|Chestnut dressing||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 1423 Calories from Fat 977
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 109 g167%
Saturated Fat 35.1 g175.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 357.2 mg
Sodium 1553.3 mg64.7%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 93 g186.8%
Vitamin A 15.4% Vitamin C 12.9%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 27.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Rinse the capon, dry and apply salt inside and outside.
3. Using chestnut dressing, stuff capon, close using skewers and truss.
4. Arrange the capon with breast side facing up and top with bacon.
5. Without covering, bake for half an hour.
6. Lower the heat by 50°F and roast for 1 3/4 hours more or till the second joints of capon move easily.
7. Baste frequently with a hot broth-butter mixture.
8. Transfer to a warm serving platter and serve.