- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Breast Of Veal Recipe
|Veal breast||3 3⁄4 Pound|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cooked spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried onion flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Monosodium glutamate||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh mushrooms||1⁄2 Pound, sliced|
|Tomato juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 613 Calories from Fat 380
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.8%
Saturated Fat 16.8 g83.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 201.3 mg67.1%
Sodium 1068.1 mg44.5%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 52 g103.9%
Vitamin A 58.1% Vitamin C 22.7%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) Line a baking pan with aluminum foil.
3) Cut a pocket in each veal breast.
4) Season the inside of the pockets with 1teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper.
5) In a bowl, mix together spinach, mushrooms, garlic salt, onion flakes, monosodium glutamate, and pepper.
6) Make the layer of mushrooms and spinach mixture into the pockets.
7) Secure the stuffing with the help of skewers or stich it.
8) Arrange the breast on the rack and place the rack on baking pan.
9) Pour ¼ cup of tomato juice over the breast.
10) Season with the remaining salt and pepper.
11) Cover the pan with a foil and roast in the oven for 1 3/4 hours.
12) Remove the foil, baste with the remaining tomato juice and return to the oven.
13) Bake for ½ hour more or until meat is tender.
14) If stitched, remove the stiches.
15) Slice the breast diagonally in slant so the stuffing layers are seen.
16) Serve hot on the bed of wilted spinach, by place 2 halves of breasts one on top of other, if desired.
17) The gravy left in the baking pan can be served as sauce.