- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Beef with Yorkshire Pudding Recipe
|Rump||3 Pound, rolled|
|Plain flour||4 Ounce|
|Milk or water||1⁄2 Pint|
Calories 720 Calories from Fat 412
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g70.4%
Saturated Fat 20 g99.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 289.5 mg
Sodium 504 mg21%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.45 g1.8%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 56 g111.7%
Vitamin A 3.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 6.5% Iron 64.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To make the batter for Yorkshire pudding, into a large mixing bowl, sieve together flour and salt
2. Add egg and half the milk-water to a well made in center of dry ingredients.
3. Use a wooden spoon to mix quickly and thoroughly until smooth, adding the remaining liquid while beating.
4. Pour into a jug and leave until ready to cook.
5. Dry the meat with a clean kitchen cloth.
6. Rub a bit of the dripping all over the roast.
7. Preheat the oven to 425Â°F (220Â°C or Gas No. 7)
8. In a large roasting pan, make a bed of roasting vegetables and place the roast on top
9. Drizzle with remaining drippings.
10. Roast for 15 minutes in the preheated oven
11. Reduce the oven temperature to 375Â°F (190Â°C or Gas No. 5)
12. Continue to roast, allowing 15 minutes per pound of meat plus 15 minutes for a rare roast or 20 minutes per pound plus 15 minutes for a well-done roast.
13. Baste the roast frequently with pan drippings.
14. About 40 minutes before the end of the cooking, increase oven temperature again to 425Â°F (220Â°C or Gas No. 7).
15. Transfer the roast to lower level of oven.
16. In an ovenproof dish or individual pudding molds, place drippings or lard.
17. Heat fat on the top shelf in the oven to smoking point.
18. Quickly pour pudding batter all at once.
19. Return to the oven and cook pudding for 40 minutes, or until puffed and golden on top.
20. Carve and serve the roast with the vegetables and Yorkshire pudding on the side.