- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Roast Beef With Wine Recipe
|Butter||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Carrots||60 Milliliter, finely chopped (1/4 Cup)|
|Onions||60 Milliliter, finely chopped (1/4 Cup)|
|Leek||60 Milliliter, finely chopped (1/4 Cup)|
|Celery||60 Milliliter, finely chopped (1/4 Cup)|
|Dry red wine||60 Milliliter (1/2 Cup)|
|Flour||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Beef stock||750 Milliliter (3 Cup)|
|Corn oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Boneless rolled roast beef||3 Pound (1 In Number, 1.4 Kilogram)|
|Ground pepper||2 Pinch|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1737 Calories from Fat 511
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g88.3%
Saturated Fat 16.5 g82.6%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 80.2 mg
Sodium 6450.1 mg268.8%
Total Carbohydrates 200 g66.6%
Dietary Fiber 20.3 g81.2%
Sugars 28 g
Protein 106 g211.4%
Vitamin A 525% Vitamin C 130.2%
Calcium 37.4% Iron 102.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
– Deglaze skillet with wine and reduce liquid by half.
– Add beef stock and reduce by one-third, then set aside.
– In a thick-bottomed casserole, barely larger than the meat, heat oil, sear meat on all sides and season with salt and pepper.
– Pour in sauce and simmer for 1 hour, partially covered.
– Fifteen minutes before end of cooking process, add bouquet garni.
– Put the roast on a warm serving dish, cover with aluminum foil, and let stand for 10 minutes. Slice.
– If you want a thicker sauce, run vegetables and sauce through blender, but remember to remove bay leaf first.