- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Riz A L'lmperatrice Recipe
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raw long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (1 Envelope)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely shredded crystallized fruits||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Kirsch||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Angelica||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Candied cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red currant jelly||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5301 Calories from Fat 1136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 128 g197.4%
Saturated Fat 74 g370.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1137 mg
Sodium 1827.2 mg76.1%
Total Carbohydrates 992 g330.5%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.9%
Sugars 697.8 g
Protein 63 g126.2%
Vitamin A 102.6% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 111.9% Iron 22.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add one and one-third cups of the milk, the salt and vanilla bean. Cook, covered, over very low heat until the rice is tender, about thirty minutes. If the rice becomes too dry before it is soft, add more milk.
3. While the rice is cooking, soften the gelatin in water and make a custard: Mix the sugar and egg yolks, add the remaining milk and cook over lowest heat or in a double boiler, stirring constantly, until the mixture coats a metal spoon. Add the gelatin to the custard and stir until dissolved. Strain into the rice, mix well and chill until beginning to set.
4. Marinate the shredded fruits briefly in two tablespoons of the kirsch.
5. Taste the dessert and, if greater sweetness and flavor are desired, add sugar and vanilla extract to the whipped cream. Fold the whipped cream and fruits into the rice, turn the mixture into a two-quart mold and chill until set.
6. Unmold and decorate with candied cherries and shapes cut from angelica.