- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Risotto with Fresh Spring Vegetables Recipe
|Vegetables||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
|Chicken stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Prepared tomato sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Italian arborio rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
Calories 813 Calories from Fat 277
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g48.3%
Saturated Fat 17.8 g89.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 79.8 mg
Sodium 1000 mg41.7%
Total Carbohydrates 114 g38.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.3%
Sugars 17.8 g
Protein 20 g40.7%
Vitamin A 180.4% Vitamin C 53.4%
Calcium 22% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large pot, blanch the vegetables for about a minute. Drain and set aside.
2) In a pan, add stock and tomato sauce and let it come to a boil. Turn down the heat to medium-low.
3) In another saucepan, melt butter, add in rice and cook for about 5 minutes on medium flame, stirring continuosly. Add 1/2 cup hot chicken stock and continue stirring.
4) Adjust the heat so that the rice continues cooking in the stock. When the liquid is absorbed, add in another 1/2 cup of stock. Continue adding more stock until rice is thoroughly cooked in about 20 to 25 minutes.
5) Add in the vegetables to the rice and remove the saucepan from the flame.
6) Add parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and mix well.
7) Serve Risotto with Fresh Spring Vegetables hot.