- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Risotto Milanese Prepared With Lean Bacon Recipe
|Long grain rice||8 Ounce (225 Grams)|
|Lean bacon rashers||4|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce (40 Grams)|
|Chicken stock||1 Pint (6 Deciliter)|
|Button mushrooms||1⁄4 Pound (100 Grams)|
|Grated cheese||1⁄4 Pound (100 Grams)|
Calories 987 Calories from Fat 342
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.6%
Saturated Fat 21.7 g108.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 132.2 mg
Sodium 1571.8 mg65.5%
Total Carbohydrates 108 g36.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 7.9 g
Protein 47 g93.6%
Vitamin A 15.8% Vitamin C 10.4%
Calcium 66.7% Iron 13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Using cold water, wash rice and drain thoroughly.
2. Trim bacon rashers and chop.
3. Peel onion and chop finely.
4. Trim and slice the mushrooms; keep aside.
5. In a saucepan, melt 1 ounce (25 grams) of butter.
6. Stir in bacon and onion; fry for a few minutes until the onion is soft but not brown.
7. Stir in the rice and mix well until the rice is well coated with butter and onions.
8. Stir in the hot stock.
9. Stir continuously and bring the mixture to a boil.
10. Then, reduce the heat, cover the pan with a lid and simmer gently for 20-30 minutes until the rice is quite tender and absorbs all the liquids; stir occasionally.
11. When the rice is almost cooked, prepare the mushrooms.
12. In a frying pan, quickly fry the mushrooms in the remaining butter.
13. Using a fork, fold the fried mushrooms into the cooked rice with half of the grated cheese.
14. Into a hot serving dish, place the risotto and garnish with remaining cheese.
15. Serve immediately with salad.