- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Risotto Alla Milanese Recipe
|Bacon slices||4 , diced|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken livers||1 Pound, halved|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Regular rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Instant chicken broth||2 Teaspoon (2 Envelopes)|
|Basil leaf||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1786 Calories from Fat 515
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 58 g89.1%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.5%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 1571.9 mg
Sodium 2577.2 mg107.4%
Total Carbohydrates 210 g69.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.7%
Sugars 15.1 g
Protein 99 g198.3%
Vitamin A 1039.5% Vitamin C 209.3%
Calcium 23% Iron 255%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Shake chicken livers in a plastic bag with flour, salt and pepper.
3. Brown livers in bacon drippings. Remove with slotted spoon, drain, on paper toweling and reserve.
4. Saute onion in same skillet until soft. (If no fat remains in the skillet, add 2 tablespoons vegetable oil). Stir in rice, instant chicken broth, basil, bay leaf and water.
5. Bring to boiling. Lower heat; stir rice mixture well; cover.
6. Simmer 10 minutes. Spoon browned chicken livers over rice. Return cover and simmer 20 minutes longer, or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender; remove bay leaf. Sprinkle with reserved bacon and chopped parsley. Garnish with bacon curls, if you wish.