- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sauteed, Baked and Boiled Plantains Recipe Video
|Plantain||1 Medium, ripened (for sauteed plantain)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium (for sauteed plantain)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (for sauteed plantain)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs) (for boiled plantain)|
Calories 145 Calories from Fat 68
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3.4 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 9.5 g
Protein 1 g2%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 20.4%
Calcium 0.8% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Coarsely chop half an onion.
2. In a pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
3. Add onions and sauté at medium flame.
4. Cut the edges off the plantain. Peel and slice it.
5. Add to the onions and sauté it on both sides until bananas are golden brown.
6. Serve Sauteed Plantain as it is.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Peel the bananas and cut off the ends.
3. Grease the banana with ¼ to ½ teaspoon olive oil.
4. Bake it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
5. Serve Baked Plantain as it is.
1. In a pan, pour water so much that it fills one third of the pan.
2. Heat the pan and let the water boil.
3. Cut the edges of the plantain and cut it into three portions.
4. Add it to the water. Let it boil till the peel of the banana starts coming off.
5. Serve Boiled Plantain with honey or cheese.