- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ripe Olive Chop Chop Recipe
|Canned chopped ripe olives||6 3⁄4 Ounce (3 Cans Of 2 1/4 Ounce Each)|
|Finely chopped celery||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Finely chopped dill pickle||1 Cup (16 tbs) (About 4 Medium Sized)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canned anchovy fillets||2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Wine vinegar/Cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 228 Calories from Fat 198
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.7%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 983.5 mg41%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.7%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 2 g4.5%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 4.7%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large serving bowl, combine olives, celery, dill pickle, onion and garlic.
2. Drain oil from anchovies over vegetables.
3. Finely anchovies and add to the bowl.
4. In a cup, combine vegetable oil, vinegar and pepper and whisk lightly to mix.
5. Pour over the contents of the bowl and toss everything lightly but thoroughtly.
6. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate. Let marinate overnight or at least 4 hours to so that all flavors can blend.
7. Serve the salad chilled.