- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ring Cheese Bread Recipe
|Warm water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (80 Degrees)|
|Active dry yeast||2 Tablespoon (2 Packages)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Softened butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄3 Tablespoon|
|Flour||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Mustard powder||1 Dash|
|Chili powder||1 Dash|
Calories 783 Calories from Fat 162
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.3%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g49.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 143.6 mg
Sodium 2007.8 mg83.7%
Total Carbohydrates 129 g43%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.3%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 24 g48.3%
Vitamin A 11.6% Vitamin C 0.12%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 50%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Dissolve sugar in hot water, add yeast, mix thoroughly and keep on heat at 80 degrees and allow to simmer for 15 minutes till yeast rises.
2. Take a cup, add milk and heat for 1 minute.
3. Take a large bowl, add 2 tbsp butter, salt, sugar and gradually stir in milk and whisk.
4. Stir in 1 egg and beat again.
5. Sieve in 1 ¾ cups of flour and blend to a smooth form.
6. Mix in the rest of the flour, mustard powder, chili powder and risen yeast.
7. Use a wooden spatula, or if too hard, use hand and stir into a firm dough.
8. Transfer to a floured board and knead for about 3 minutes.
9. Using a damp cloth, wrap the dough and keep aside for about 1 hour to double the dough size.
10. Take a round and deep, large baking dish and grease with 1½ tbsp butter.
11. Take a tall heatproof glass and grease outside with ½ tbsp butter and place it, bottom up, in the center of the dish.
12. Male 10 portions of the risen dough and make them as balls, arrange them around the glass in the baking dish.
13. Brush with beaten egg and allow to stand in a warm place for about half an hour.
14. Sprinkle water and allow to cook for about 8 minutes.
15. Slice and serve.