- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rigatoni with Sausage- With Chef Ellie Espo Recipe Video
|Rigatoni pasta||1 Pound, cooked, drained (al dente)|
|Sweet italian sausages||1 Pound, cut into small pieces|
|San marzano tomatoes||28 Ounce (1 can of plum variety)|
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Sliced garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Red pepper flakes||To Taste|
|Cannellini beans||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Parmigiano reggiano cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 1546 Calories from Fat 291
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.4%
Saturated Fat 14 g70.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 95.6 mg
Sodium 2974.3 mg123.9%
Total Carbohydrates 231 g76.9%
Dietary Fiber 22.1 g88.3%
Sugars 20.3 g
Protein 93 g185.9%
Vitamin A 54.2% Vitamin C 105.2%
Calcium 78.8% Iron 47.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan saute the onions in olive oil until golden brown. Add sliced garlic and continue to cook for a few minutes.
2) Add the sausage and brown on all sides, season with salt and pepper and red pepper.
3) Add the San Marzano tomatoes and break the tomatoes up with a spoon. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes
4) Add the cannellini beans and simmer for a few more minutes then add the pasta coating all the ingredients together. Add some of your reserved pasta water if needed when you find the pasta is too dry.
5) Transfer to a vessel and Add torn basil leaves and grated cheese.
6) Serve warm and enjoy!