- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rigatoni Party Casserole Recipe
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rigatoni||8 Ounce, cooked and drained (Catelli, 1/2 Of A 16 Ounce Package)|
|Olives||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Pimiento||4 Ounce, chopped (1 Jar)|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Creamed cottage cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Red tomato chow chow||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Habitant)|
|Soft breadcrumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Sharp cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
Calories 709 Calories from Fat 351
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.1%
Saturated Fat 21.6 g108.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 107.3 mg
Sodium 1019.9 mg42.5%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.7%
Sugars 14.1 g
Protein 24 g48.7%
Vitamin A 49.2% Vitamin C 58.3%
Calcium 35.1% Iron 15.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
3) Add cooked rigatoni, pepper, olives, pimiento, oregano and 1/4 cup chopped parsley.
4) Toss lightly.
5) Transfer to a shallow casserole.
6) In a bowl, combine cottage cheese, sour cream, milk, chow chow and salt.
7) Pour over the rigatoni mixture in the casserole.
8) In another pan, add the remaining butter.
9) Saute breadcrumbs and walnuts until lightly brown.
10) Sprinkle this on top of casserole along with the remaining parsley and grated cheese.
11) Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
12) Serve hot with your favorite drink.