- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rigatoni & Braised Ribs Recipe Video
|Beef short ribs||4 Pound|
|Flour||2 Tablespoon (to dredge)|
|Canola oil/Any vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon (for searing the ribs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Thyme||1 Teaspoon (dried)|
|Kalamata olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Roasted red bell pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beef broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red pepper flakes||2 Tablespoon|
|Reserved pasta water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Rigatoni||1 Pound (or any other pasta of your choice)|
|Parmigiano reggiano cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 1290 Calories from Fat 867
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 96 g148.3%
Saturated Fat 39.9 g199.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 189.2 mg
Sodium 484.7 mg20.2%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.2%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 44 g87.2%
Vitamin A 35.1% Vitamin C 43.5%
Calcium 12.6% Iron 20.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Set out ribs 30 minutes prior to cooking.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
3. Rinse and dredge in a mixture of flour, salt, and pepper. Shake off excess.
4. In a pan, heat canola or vegetable oil and sear off all sides of the ribs.
5. Remove the ribs, set aside and in the same pan drizzle over some olive oil and soften the onion, garlic, thyme, and bay leaves.
6. Season with salt and pepper. Make sure to scrape up all the delicious brown bits with your wooden spoon.
7. Tumble in the olives, red peppers, broth, wine and pepper flakes. Allow it to come to a fierce bubble. Season with salt and pepper.
8. Snugly fit in your ribs into the pot and transfer to your oven, loosely covered with foil and bake for 2 1/2-3 hours.
9. After this time, take out the ribs from the sauce and set aside.
10. About 20 minutes later, begin shredding with your hands or 2 forks.
11. Take the sauce without the meat and blend it to a thick, chunky consistency with your blender/food processor. At the last moment, twirl in your cream.
12. Cook the pasta as per the package directions and transfer to the sauce with a slotted spoon. Reserve some of the pasta water.
13. Top with cheese, directly on top of your hot pasta. Combine.
14. Toss in the shredded beef with the cheesy pasta.
15. Pour in sauce, drizzle in the reserved pasta water as needed.
16. Season it with salt and pepper and sprinkle with parsley or more cheese. Serve right away.
This is also stellar over Polenta, Mashed Potatoes, Rice, or Buttered Egg Noodles. If you're worried about fat, allow just your Sauce to cool a great bit and skim off the top that floats up.