- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ricotta Pancakes Recipe
|Ricotta cheese||8 Ounce|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon extract||5 Drop|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄2|
|Skim milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Measured Scoop And Level)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 169 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.6%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 125.5 mg
Sodium 227.7 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.1%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 11 g22.1%
Vitamin A 5.9% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 19.3% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Into the work bowl of the food processor(use metal balde),add ricotta cheese, eggs, vanilla extract, lemon extract and lemon rind and blend until well-mixed.
2) While the machine is on, pour in skim milk.
3) Switch off the machine and empty the mixture from the down sides of bowl.
4) Into the work bowl, now add flour, salt, baking powder and bran,and mix with 3-4 on/off pulses.
5) Heat a lightly oil-greased non-stick frying pan over moderate heat.
6) Before baking, test the pan by sprinkling a few drops of cold water on it.
7) The pan is ready, If the water bounces and sputters.
8) Onto a pan, ladle batter using a 1/4-cup measure.
9) Pancakes are ready to turn when bubbles appear on top and the underside is light brown in about 2-3 minutes.
10) Turn pancakes only once and further bake until the second side is done.
11) Cooking the second side requires just half the time required to cook the first side.
12) Ricotta cheese pancakes are ready to be served.