- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rich Shortbread Biscuits Recipe
|Plain flour||225 Gram|
|Powdered sugar||115 Gram|
|Butter||170 Gram (or margarine)|
|Vanilla essence||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2517 Calories from Fat 1239
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 141 g217.1%
Saturated Fat 88.2 g441%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 365.5 mg
Sodium 275 mg11.5%
Total Carbohydrates 296 g98.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.4 g21.6%
Sugars 112.2 g
Protein 15 g29.7%
Vitamin A 85% Vitamin C
Calcium 6.4% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cream the margarine and sugar very well until light and creamy.
3. Add the vanilla essence and sieved flour and a pinch of salt. Gradually go on mixing till it forms into a soft dough.
4. Turn the mixture on to a floured board and roll out to about 6 mm. (J") thickness.
5. Stamp into crescents or rounds and put them on a greased baking tin.
6. Bake in a hot oven at 400 Â°F. for 15 minutes.
7. Cool the biscuits on a tray and then remove.
Variations: (a) Put small pieces of glace cherry or strips of green peel on the top of the biscuits before baking.
(b) Before baking, brush the biscuits with egg-whites or water and cover with coarsely chopped blanched almond or with powdered cashewnut. Sprinkle sugar on top and bake.