- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rich Sweet Pie Pastry Or Butter Crust Pastry Recipe
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon, rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2341 Calories from Fat 1295
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 147 g226.6%
Saturated Fat 89.9 g449.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 733 mg
Sodium 523 mg21.8%
Total Carbohydrates 225 g75.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.4 g29.6%
Sugars 31.8 g
Protein 32 g64.4%
Vitamin A 93.2% Vitamin C 33.7%
Calcium 12.6% Iron 69.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cut in butter as for plain pie pastry.
3. Add lemon rind.
4. Beat together egg yolks and 1 tablespoon water or lemon juice.
5. Use to bind mixture as when making plain pie pastry.
6. Add extra water or juice to bind in loose bits of pastry.
7. Pat dough into a ball.
8. Divide it in half and chill like plain pie pastry.