- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rich Rhubarb Squares Recipe
|Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Quick cooking oats||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Rhubarb sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs), sweetened|
|Sweetened rhubarb sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs), drained (with honey)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4427 Calories from Fat 2116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 242 g372.8%
Saturated Fat 30.2 g151%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2393.2 mg99.7%
Total Carbohydrates 522 g173.8%
Dietary Fiber 52.9 g211.4%
Sugars 208.6 g
Protein 86 g171.7%
Vitamin A 88.3% Vitamin C 67.7%
Calcium 76.7% Iron 119.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) In a bowl, cut the margarine in sugar with a pastry blender.
3) Sift the flour, salt, cinnamon and soda together and blend into the margarine mixture with a pastry blender.
4) Add the oats and water, then mix until the mixture is crumbly.
5) In a buttered 9 x 13-inch baking pan, place 1/2 the crumb mixture.
6) Spread evenly with the rhubarb sauce and sprinkle over the nuts.
7) Sprinkle with rest of the crumbs and press down evenly.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
9) Allow to cool in the pan and cut into bars or squares.
10) Serve immediately or store in an airtight container and serve when desired.