- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rich Rhubarb Squares Recipe
|Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Quick cooking oats||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Rhubarb sauce||2 Cup (32 tbs), sweetened|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3599 Calories from Fat 1452
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 168 g258.6%
Saturated Fat 24.2 g121.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2383.4 mg99.3%
Total Carbohydrates 499 g166.3%
Dietary Fiber 36.8 g147.3%
Sugars 205.9 g
Protein 64 g128.5%
Vitamin A 83.3% Vitamin C 35.2%
Calcium 48% Iron 94.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°.
2) In a bowl, cut the margarine in sugar with a pastry blender.
3) Sift the flour, salt, cinnamon and soda together and blend into the margarine mixture with a pastry blender.
4) Add the oats and water, then mix until the mixture is crumbly.
5) In a buttered 9 x 13-inch baking pan, place 1/2 the crumb mixture.
6) Spread evenly with the rhubarb sauce and sprinkle over the nuts.
7) Sprinkle with rest of the crumbs and press down evenly.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
9) Allow to cool in the pan and cut into bars or squares.
10) Serve immediately or store in an airtight container and serve when desired.