- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rich Queen Cakes Recipe
|Castor sugar||4 Ounce|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||4 Ounce (If Using Plain Flour, Use 1 Level Teaspoon Of Baking Powder With It)|
|Sultanas||2 Ounce, halved|
|Hot water||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2004 Calories from Fat 910
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 102 g157.3%
Saturated Fat 19.5 g97.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg
Sodium 181.8 mg7.6%
Total Carbohydrates 247 g82.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.3 g21.3%
Sugars 148.4 g
Protein 26 g52.9%
Vitamin A 90.9% Vitamin C 3.2%
Calcium 10.4% Iron 45.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Cream together the sugar and butter till the mixture is light and fluffy. Add the vanilla essence.
3) Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time.
4) Fold in the baking powder (if using) as well as the sieved flour. Then add the hot water and sultanas.
5) Fill greased bun tins about two-thirds full with the batter.
6) Bake neat the top of the preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
7) Turn the freshly baked cake out on a cake rack and ice, if preferred. Transfer the cake to a serving plate and serve warm, at room temperature or chilled. Makes a good dessert.