- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rich Orange Filling Meringue Recipe
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||2 1⁄4 Tablespoon|
|Orange juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1471 Calories from Fat 236
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.1%
Saturated Fat 14.5 g72.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 418.6 mg
Sodium 603.3 mg25.1%
Total Carbohydrates 304 g101.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.74 g3%
Sugars 266.4 g
Protein 13 g25.4%
Vitamin A 27.4% Vitamin C 166.5%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 8.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, add all ingredients.
2) Beat the ingredients until thick enough to stand in peaks.
3) Spread the meringue over the cake, reserving a little for serving.
4) Prepare the filling, by combining the first 6 ingredients in a saucepan.
5) Place over heat and bring to a full rolling boil for 1 minute.
6) Gradually add egg yolks and beat in.
7) Cook for another 1 minute and allow cooling.
8) Spread most of the filling on top and put between layers, by dividing a chiffon or angel cake.
9) Place the cake inside oven to bake 10 minutes in 400 degrees oven.
10) Dilute the remaining filling by stirring little hot water. Drizzle the mixture over cake before serving.