- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rich Fruit Cake Recipe
|Shortening||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Seeded raisins||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Currants||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Shelled almonds||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange peel||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon peel||2 Tablespoon|
|Sliced citron||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grape juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground mace||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Royal baking powder||4 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 10949 Calories from Fat 4580
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 522 g803%
Saturated Fat 119.3 g596.7%
Trans Fat 54 g
Cholesterol 1268.9 mg
Sodium 3113.4 mg129.7%
Total Carbohydrates 1530 g510%
Dietary Fiber 94.9 g379.7%
Sugars 908.8 g
Protein 151 g302.1%
Vitamin A 38.9% Vitamin C 663.1%
Calcium 288.3% Iron 321.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pre-heat the oven by setting it to a moderate temperature.
2) Take a pan and cream the sugar and shortening together into it.
3) Beat egg yolks before adding them to the mixture.
4) Wash and dry the currants and raisins and add them to the mixture.
5) Sift 1 ½ cups of flour and add to mixture.
6) Blanch the almonds.
7) Take a food chopper and blend together blanched almonds along with the orange and lemon peels before adding them.
8) Add half the quantity of stiff egg whites which had been beaten along with the grape juice and stir them in.
9) Sift the flour along with baking powder and salt before adding it to the mixture.
10) Mix all the ingredients well and fold the remaining quantity of egg whites in.
11) Take a couple of pans measuring 12-inches and line them with four layers of brown paper.
12) Place the mixture in a pre-heated oven and bake for 60 minutes.
13) Place two layers of brown paper over the pans.
14) Keep on baking for 2 more hours after placing asbestos plates beneath them.
15) Serve as required.