- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rich Chocolate Frosting Recipe
|Semi-sweet chocolate||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Superfine sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), softened|
|Sifted confectioners sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2213 Calories from Fat 892
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 102 g156.9%
Saturated Fat 59.2 g295.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 901.6 mg
Sodium 46.7 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 324 g108%
Dietary Fiber 5 g19.8%
Sugars 306.9 g
Protein 14 g27.4%
Vitamin A 54.8% Vitamin C
Calcium 12.3% Iron 23.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Stir over low heat until mixture is smooth and creamy.
3. Beat in egg yolks, one at a time. Cool while preparing butter mixture.
4. Beat butter with vanilla until creamy.
5. Beat in confectioners' sugar little by little to make a smooth frosting. If necessary, beat in a little extra butter or warm milk.
6. Put aside 6 to 8 tablespoons of this white frosting for piped or other decoration if you wish.
7. Beat cooled chocolate mixture into remaining frosting until it is smooth and spread able. Use at once.