- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rich Baked Cheesecake Recipe
|Self raising flour||4 Ounce (100 g)|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 g)|
|Icing sugar||2 Ounce (50 g)|
|Butter||3 Ounce (75 g)|
|Sugar||2 Ounce (50 g)|
|Vanilla essence||1⁄2 Teaspoon (5 ml)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , rinded and juiced|
|Corn flour||1 Ounce (25 g)|
|Curd cheese||1 Pound (1/2 kg, Medium fat)|
|Soured cream||1⁄4 Pint (142 ml)|
|Sultanas||2 Ounce (50 g, optional)|
Calories 693 Calories from Fat 366
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g63.8%
Saturated Fat 24.7 g123.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 193.2 mg
Sodium 489.5 mg20.4%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.9%
Sugars 37.8 g
Protein 10 g19.5%
Vitamin A 24.3% Vitamin C 10.5%
Calcium 22.7% Iron 10.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven at (180°C,350°F/Gas 4).
2) In a bowl, place the flour and rub in the butter.
3) Add icing sugar to stir in.
4) Add egg yolk and combine to a firm dough.
5) Knead to a smooth dough.
6) Roll out the dough.
7) In a 20-cm (8-in) loose-based cake tin, press the sheet over the base.
8) Place inside the centre of the oven to bake until golden brown (about 25 minutes).
9) Prepare the topping, by creaming the butter and castor sugar together.
10) Add vanilla essence, egg yolk, lemon rind and juice and cornflour to beat well.
11) Beat in cheese, soured cream and sultanas, if used.
12) In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until just stiff.
13) Fold the egg mixture into the cheese mixture, cutting through with a metal spoon.
14) Spread this mixture over the base in the tin.
15) Place the tin on the centre shelf of the oven to bake for 45 minutes.
16) Allow to cool in tin, remove from oven and chill inside refrigerator for overnight.
17) Serve the cheesecake by adding your choice of additional topping.
This cheesecake will store for a week in a refrigerator.
To freeze the cheesecake, loosen the edge, remove the side of cake tin by placing it on a smaller tin and pulling down.
Freeze on the base until firm; remove, wrap in foil, label and return to the freezer.