- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Apple Tart Recipe Video
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened (full fat)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|For the filling|
|Granny smith apples||2 Medium, sliced (reserve some slices for topping)|
|Fuji apple||2 Medium, sliced (reserve some slices for topping)|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon, grated|
|Lemon||1⁄2 Medium, juiced|
Calories 709 Calories from Fat 439
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.8%
Saturated Fat 30.5 g152.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 138.3 mg
Sodium 450.4 mg18.8%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.8%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Sugars 23.2 g
Protein 7 g14.1%
Vitamin A 33.5% Vitamin C 11%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 12.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Needspatula, parchment paper, baking beans
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a bowl, sift the flour and salt, and set aside.
3. In a bowl mix together cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of sugar and set aside.
4. In a mixer bowl fitted with paddle attachment, place the cream cheese and unsalted butter and beat at low speed at start and raise the speed gradually, beat for 2 – 3 minutes, scraping the side of bowl once.
5. While still beating, add the flour mixture, in 3 parts and beat well after each addition, beat until the dough comes together.
6. In a tart pan, place the dough and press in the bottom of the pan using wet hands.
7. Place the tart pan in freezer for 15 minutes to set the dough.
8. Line the dough with parchment paper, put in the baking beans and blind bake for 17 to 20 minutes or until light browned on sides.
9. Remove the tart pan from oven, take off the baking beans and parchment paper and allow the tart case to cool.
10. In a baking dish, place together apple reserving some for topping, butter, spices, cinnamon mixture and lemon.
11. Bake the apple mixture for about 20 minutes, until apples are tender.
12. Remove the baking dish and mash the apples with fork or potato masher.
13. Put the apple filling in cooled pastry case and top with reserve slices of apples in layers.
14. Sprinkle with raw sugar and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until light brown on top.
15. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
16. Cut in wedges and serve as desired.