- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Rice Pudding Recipe Video
|Milk||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Short grain rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Egyptian Rice)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Adjust Quantity As Per Taste)|
Calories 303 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.5%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g21.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22.6 mg7.5%
Sodium 90.7 mg3.8%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.57 g2.3%
Sugars 37 g
Protein 8 g17%
Vitamin A 4.6% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 25.7% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash the rice and soak in warm water for half an hour.
2. Pour your milk in the pot and heat up for about 15 minutes.
3. Drain the rice, add to the milk.
4. Stir together occasionally until the rice gets soft and fully cooked.
5. Stirring prevents the rice and milk to stick to the pot.
6. Add the sugar.
7. Mix them well.
8. Add cinnamon and vanilla.
9. Cook for another 10 minutes until it is all done.
10. Pour in glass cups.
11. You may serve warm or cold.
12. Garnish with little cinnamon on top.