- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rice Pilaf Recipe Video
|Long grain brown rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced mushroom||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Toasted pine nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 123 Calories from Fat 34
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6%
Saturated Fat 0.46 g2.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 184.3 mg7.7%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 3 g5.1%
Vitamin A 1% Vitamin C 2.7%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a saucepan, heat olive oil and saute onion until soft.
3. Put in the mushroom and stir well until to mix.
4. Add in the oregano and thyme and stir well to mix.
5. And season well with salt and pepper, and put in the rice and stir well until the rice is well coated with the other ingredients.
7. Pour in the broth and bring to a simmer.
8. Put the lid on and bake in the oven for about 40 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
9. Serve hot mixed with pine nuts.