- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rice With Zucchini Recipe
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Dried basil leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Italian rice/Long grain rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
Calories 586 Calories from Fat 284
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.2%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g29.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.5 mg
Sodium 966.8 mg40.3%
Total Carbohydrates 61 g20.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.4%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 14 g27%
Vitamin A 6.1% Vitamin C 34.3%
Calcium 17.6% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a 2-quart flameproof casserole or saucepan heat half the oil over moderate heat.
3. When hot add zucchini slices and fry until lightly browned.
4. Use a slotted spoon to remove the zucchini slices to a plate.
5. Add remaining oil and heat.
6. Add the onion, basil and garlic, and sautÃ© for 5 minutes or until softened but not browned.
7. Increase heat to moderate and add rice. Saute another few minutes until rice is transparent.
8. Pour in the broth and bring to a boil.
9. Cover casserole with lid and transfer it to the middle level of the preheated oven.
Bake rice, for about 20 minutes, or until stock is absorbed.
10. Stir in the zucchini slices and top with cheese.
11. Bake uncovered for 5 minutes.
12. Turn off oven, cover casserole and let stand for 5 minutes.
13. Serve the rice hot straight from the casserole along with a stew.