- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rice with Fish Recipe
|Yoghurt||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground cloves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||2 Teaspoon|
|Fish slice||4 (Salmon, Sea Bass Etc)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs), half cooked drained|
|Tomatoes||2 , thinly sliced|
|Pimentos||2 , cut julienne|
Calories 505 Calories from Fat 247
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.3%
Saturated Fat 17.2 g85.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.5 mg
Sodium 1045.2 mg43.6%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.8%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 12 g23.6%
Vitamin A 44.1% Vitamin C 67.2%
Calcium 19.1% Iron 25%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2) In a bowl, mix the yoghurt, onions, cloves, turmeric, salt, coriander and anise together.
3) Coat the fish thoroughly with this mixture and marinate for 1 hour.
4) In a casserole, saute the fish in 2 tablespoons butter, until lightly brown and reserve the marinade.
5) Stir in half the marinade and 2 tablespoons butter, then
cover with the rice.
6) Place the tomatoes and pimentos over the rice and add rest of the marinade and melted butter.
7) Bake, tightly covered in the preheated oven for 30 minutes,
shaking the casserole occasionally.
8) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.