- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rice Pudding With Cardamom And Saffron Recipe
|Basmati rice/Null||3 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Semi skimmed milk/Null||2 Pint (1.25 Liters)|
|Green cardamom seeds/Null||6 (From 1 Cardamom)|
|Ground almonds/Null||1 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Sugar/Null||8 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Saffron strands/Null||1⁄2 Teaspoon, lightly crushed (Null)|
|Flaked almonds/Null||1 Tablespoon (To Decorate)|
|Ground pistachio nuts/Null||1 Tablespoon (To Decorate)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1309 Calories from Fat 291
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g51.4%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 6.8 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 215 g71.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.3%
Sugars 121.8 g
Protein 44 g87.4%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 5.7%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Remove from the heat and mash the rice, preferably using a wooden masher and making swift round movements, for at least 5 minutes.
3. Return to the heat and add the ground almonds. Gradually stir in the remaining milk and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the sugar and stir for a further 5-7 minutes, or until the pudding is quite thick.
5. Add the saffron strands and cook for a further minute before transferring it to a serving dish.
6. Garnish with the flaked almonds and ground pistachio nuts, and silver leaf.