- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rice Pudding De Luxe Recipe
|Mixed glace fruit||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Long grain rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla bean/1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract||3 Inch (1 Piece)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), whipped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1786 Calories from Fat 673
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g116.6%
Saturated Fat 43.3 g216.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 602.4 mg
Sodium 886.2 mg36.9%
Total Carbohydrates 216 g72.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.6%
Sugars 132.8 g
Protein 42 g83.5%
Vitamin A 58% Vitamin C 1.2%
Calcium 97% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a heavy saucepan combine 2 cups of milk, the salt and the rice and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently, covered, for approximately 20 minutes. Add a little more milk if it seems to be drying out.
3. Sprinkle the gelatin over the water in a small bowl. Let stand for 3 to 4 minutes, or until soft.
4. Separate the eggs and beat the yolks lightly with the sugar. Stir in the remaining cup of milk. Pour into the top half of double boiler standing in hot water. Over gentle heat, cook, while stirring, until thickened. The mixture should generously coat the back of a wooden spoon. Add the softened gelatin. Stir until dissolved and strain into the rice mixture. Mix and chill until it begins to set. Fold in the marinated fruits and vanilla extract.
5. Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Fold into the rice mixture and spoon into a lightly oiled 1-quart mold or souffle dish. Chill for at least 4 hours.
6. Unmold and garnish to your liking. I suggest fresh strawberries and rosettes of whipped cream.