- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rice Pudding Recipe
|Pudding rice||2 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Granulated sugar||2 Ounce|
|Light evaporated milk||410 Gram (1 Can)|
|Semi skimmed milk||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Freshly grated nutmeg||1 Pinch|
|Half fat butter||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Reduced sugar jam||1 Tablespoon (Adjust Quantity As Needed For Decoration)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 666 Calories from Fat 152
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.1%
Saturated Fat 7.9 g39.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.2 mg2.7%
Sodium 265.8 mg11.1%
Total Carbohydrates 109 g36.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.18 g0.7%
Sugars 87.1 g
Protein 23 g46.4%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 6.9%
Calcium 52.6% Iron 4.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Sprinkle the rice and the sugar into the dish and mix.
3. Bring the evaporated milk and milk to the boil in a small pan, stirring occasionally.
4. Stir the milks into the rice and mix well until the rice is coated thoroughly.
5. Sprinkle over the nutmeg, cover with tinfoil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
6. Remove the pudding from the oven and stir well, breaking up any lumps.
7. Cover with the same tinfoil. Bake in the preheated oven for a further 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir well again.
8. Dot the pudding with butter and bake for a further 45-60 minutes, until the rice is tender and the skin is browned.
9. Divide the pudding into 4 individual serving bowls. Top with a large spoonful of the jam and serve immediately.