- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rice Pilaf with Indian Spices Recipe
|Almonds||2 Tablespoon, chopped and toasted|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fennel seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), defatted|
|Quick-cooking rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Carrot||1 , finely diced|
|Red pepper||1 , finely diced|
|Fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon (As Desired For Garnish)|
Calories 471 Calories from Fat 94
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.2%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.5 mg
Sodium 231.6 mg9.7%
Total Carbohydrates 82 g27.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.6%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 13 g25.6%
Vitamin A 78% Vitamin C 79.9%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 3-quart saucepan, heat the oil.
2) Over medium heat, saute the almonds, garlic, pepper flakes and fennel seeds in the hot oil for 3 minutes.
3) To this, add the stock, rice, carrots, peppers and bay leaf.
4) Bring this mixture to a boil and then reduce the heat to medium-low.
5) Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. The rice should be tender with all the liquid absorbed.
6) With a fork, gently fluff the rice and then remove and discard the bay leaf.
7) Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately, along with a green salad.