- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rice Pilaf With Indian Spices Recipe
|Almonds||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Red pepper||10 Gram|
|Fennel seeds||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Quick cooking rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pepper red||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1870 Calories from Fat 282
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18 mg
Sodium 946 mg39.4%
Total Carbohydrates 341 g113.7%
Dietary Fiber 15 g59.8%
Sugars 14.1 g
Protein 57 g113.3%
Vitamin A 212.3% Vitamin C 37.8%
Calcium 32.7% Iron 66%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a 3-quart saucepan over medium flame,
2. Sauté the almonds, garlic, pepper flakes and fennel seeds in the oil for 3 minutes.
3. Add stock, rice, carrots, bay leaf, and pepper in it.
4. Bring the mixture to boil and let it bowl against medium slow heat for sometimes.
5. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pan, and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Until the rice is tender and all the liquid has been absorbed continue cooking.
7. Now fluff the rice with a stock.
8. Remove and set aside the bay leaf.
9. Serve the dish hot with other side dishes.