- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rice Pancakes Recipe
|81% extraction flour||4 Ounce (115 Gram)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Pint (140 Milliliter)|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Cooked brown rice||3 Tablespoon|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce, chopped (115 Gram)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Vegetable oil/Butter||1 Ounce (30 Gram)|
Calories 179 Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.5%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g7.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 72.5 mg
Sodium 88.6 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 6 g12.5%
Vitamin A 14.3% Vitamin C 18.9%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 9.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add the milk a little at a time until all the dry flour is mixed in.
3. Pour in the rest of the milk and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Beat until the batter is smooth then add the rice mixing well.
4. Fry the mushrooms and onion together in a little butter or oil, and slice the tomatoes.
5. Heat a frying pan with a little oil and for each pancake add enough batter to cover the bottom. Fry and turn until golden on both sides.
6. Fill the pancakes with the fried mushroom and onion mixture and add a little more seasoning. Top with sliced tomatoes and grill briefly until the tomato is cooked. Garnish with a sprig of parsley or watercress and serve straight away.