- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rice Omelette Recipe
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Mushrooms||2 Ounce (55 Gram)|
|Brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Butter/Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1159 Calories from Fat 347
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.5%
Saturated Fat 10.3 g51.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 645.2 mg
Sodium 3885.7 mg161.9%
Total Carbohydrates 161 g53.6%
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g39.7%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 42 g84.9%
Vitamin A 17.2% Vitamin C 19.2%
Calcium 19.1% Iron 46.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) To make the filling, fry the onions which have been chopped in some oil till they are tender.
2) Add the rice and mushrooms and fry for some more minutes till the ingredients are thoroughly heated. Put aside.
3) Reheat the pan with butter and beat the eggs. Once the pan is really hot, pour the beaten egg into it.
4) As the layers at the bottom start to get hard, keep lifting to let the liquid to flow beneath the egg.
5) Once the egg has almost set, sprinkle ground pepper and sea salt all over it.
6) Add the filling along with some tamari.
7) Serve hot after folding the omelette.