- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rice Mexicali Recipe
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned mushrooms||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Uncooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), uncooked|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sweet basil||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 1114 Calories from Fat 273
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.7%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g20.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1807.6 mg75.3%
Total Carbohydrates 190 g63.2%
Dietary Fiber 14.1 g56.5%
Sugars 11.5 g
Protein 25 g49.2%
Vitamin A 124.1% Vitamin C 207.5%
Calcium 24.4% Iron 50.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large, deep skillet, heat oil.
2) Add mushrooms, onions and green pepper.
3) Cook over medium heat until tender and lightly browned.
4) Add tomatoes and water and bring to a boil.
5) Now add rice and remaining ingredients.
6) Reduce heat, cover and cook for about 30 minutes, or until rice is cooked well.
7) Serve hot along with grilled shrimp and a salad.