- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rice, Lamb and Lentil Soup Recipe
|Cubed lamb||1 Pound|
|Water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lentils||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Raw rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 631 Calories from Fat 181
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.1%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.9 mg
Sodium 558.4 mg23.3%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.3%
Dietary Fiber 16 g64.2%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 37 g74.3%
Vitamin A 2.3% Vitamin C 13.3%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 34.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Brown lamb and then add water, pepper, and salt and let it boil.
2) Reduce heat, cover, and allow it to simmmer for 2-1/2 hours.
3) Add washed lentils in the meat and cook further for 15 minutes.
4) Heat butter, saute onion, and add in the lentil mixture.
5) Add water, let it boil, and then add in rice.
6) Cover and let the soup cook until everything is done.
7) Drizzle fresh cream on top and serve thick and hot.