- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Rice Krispies Easter Eggs with Grandson Carter Recipe Video
|Butter stick||1⁄2 , divided (1/4 cup)|
|Cooking oil spray||1 Teaspoon (for greasing)|
|Rice krispies cereal||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|For buttercream frosting|
|Butter stick||1⁄2 (at room temperature)|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Flaked sweetened coconut||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Green food coloring||To Taste (for grass or other food colorings as desired)|
Calories 524 Calories from Fat 227
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g39.1%
Saturated Fat 18.9 g94.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.3 mg
Sodium 197.4 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g25.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.7%
Sugars 56.8 g
Protein 5 g9%
Vitamin A 17.2% Vitamin C 9.1%
Calcium 0.8% Iron 18.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In the top of a double boiler, melt butter and marshmallows.
2. Spray a large bowl with cooking oil and place Rice Krispies cereal in it.
3. Pour hot marshmallow mixture over krispies and stir until well. Let cool until easy to handle.
4. Form mixture into egg shapes and place on a plate to let them set up.
For buttercream frosting:
5. In a large bowl, combine confectioner's sugar, butter, vanilla, and milk. Use an electric mixer to beat until the frosting is of spreading consistency.
6. When the shaped eggs have cooled and set up, spread buttercream frosting on each of them (or, perhaps half of them, as desired). You may divide the frosting into separate portions and put a different food coloring in each one, in order to get a variety of colored Easter eggs.
7. Place the frosted krispies on a plate to let them set up. You can speed this up by placing them in the refrigerator.
8. In a small cup, mix a few drops of green food coloring with water until you get the desired color of green for your grass.
9. For grass, in a clean jar with lid, place flaked, sweetened coconut and pour colored water in it. Shake until it is uniformly tinted.
10. Transfer coconut on a tray covered with paper toweling.
11. Arrange Rice Krispies Easter Eggs on top of the grass in a pleasing fashion and serve.