- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rice Gourmet Recipe
|Canned mushroom stems and pieces||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Season all||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Instant minced onion||2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon (Black / White)|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 204 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.1%
Saturated Fat 4.9 g24.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.2 mg6.7%
Sodium 133 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.9 g3.6%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 3 g5.9%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 6.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Drain the mushrooms and reserve the liquid.
2) In a skillet, saute the mushrooms in butter for 2 to 3 minutes.
3) Stir in sherry and seasonings, simmer over a low heat for 5 minutes.
4) Stir in the rice, pour in the reserved mushroom liquid and water.
5) Cover and cook over a low heat for 25 to 30 minutes.
6) Serve the Rice Gourmet, immediately or keep hot, until ready to serve.