- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rice Fritters Recipe
|Hot water||1⁄2 Pint|
|Cheese||2 Ounce, grated|
|Onion/2 tablespoon onion soup mix||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Self rising flour||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Yeast/2 teaspoons brewer's yeast powder||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Oil||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (For Frying)|
|Tomato sauce/Tomato gravy||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 254 Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.1%
Saturated Fat 4.1 g20.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121.4 mg
Sodium 270.9 mg11.3%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.4%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 10 g20.6%
Vitamin A 11.8% Vitamin C 16.9%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a covered pan, simmer the rice and water for about 20 minutes, drain, if required.
2) Combine the rice, cheese, onion, milk, flour, egg yolk, and yeast extract together to make a thick batter and season to taste.
3) Fold in the beaten whites and blend well.
4) In a frying pan, drop a tablespoonful at a time of the batter in heated oil and fry until light brown on both the sides.
5) Remove and drain on kitchen paper and place under a low grill to keep warm.
6) Serve immediately with the tomato gravy or sauce.