- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Rice Cream Tropicale Recipe
|Cooked brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whipped cream/Whipped powdered milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded pineapple||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄2|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
Calories 289 Calories from Fat 183
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.3%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 82.9 mg
Sodium 17.7 mg0.7%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.8%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 1 g2.8%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 34.5%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 2.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Use a large clean glass bowl.
2. Add cooked and cooled rice to the bowl.
3. Add lemon juice, lemon rind, vanilla and pineapple to the rice and stir lightly to mix well.
4. Gently fold in the whipped cream or powdered milk into the rice mixture.
5. Spoon the rice cream into 6 sherbet glasses and chill in the refrigerator.
6. Garnish the Rice Cream Tropicale with grated coconut before serving.